Bond-Pro remains in the forefront of providing the software capabilities to support Digital Surety. This enables our carrier, broker, and agency clients to increase efficiency, lower transaction costs, reduce fraud, and eliminate the necessity for maintaining hard copy paper. The following is a list of Digital Surety methods that are supported in the Bond-Pro software platform.
Obligees typically encourage and/or sometimes require that Adobe® PDF bond documents be digitally signed prior to being submitted or upload to their systems.
- Bond-Pro includes functionality that supports the management of digital signature certificates for both surety employees and agents
- Bond-Pro’s Forms Designer enables drag & drop placement of digital signatures onto document templates
- Bond-Pro can automatically affix digital signatures to PDF files during the document generation and issuance processes
- Bond-Pro also enables documents to be signed by principals and/or other third parties through our integration to cloud-based electronic signature vendors including DocuSign®
Many Obligees accept Adobe® PDF files and/or printed paper containing electronic signature images that have been seamlessly appended to a document when generated.
- Bond-Pro includes functionality that supports the management of electronic signature images for both surety employees and agents
- Bond-Pro’s Forms Designer enables drag & drop placement of electronic signature images onto document templates
- Bond-Pro can automatically affix electronic signature images to PDF files during the document generation and issuance processes
Some Obligees in the United States require that Bid Bonds be transmitted directly to their systems via the internet. Bond-Pro integrates with Surety2000 to support electronic bidding, streamline the process of bid bond submittal, and quickly retrieve a Bond Validation Number (BVN).
- Surety2000 includes the largest total number of E-Bid enabled Obligees. View List Of Surety2000 Obligees
- Similar to competitors like SurePath, Surety2000 integrates with BidExpress (a subset of E-Bid Obligees)
- Bond-Pro integration requires a subscription to Surety2000
Certain jurisdictions in the United States are adopting the Nationwide Multistate Licensing System & Registry (NMLS), a common platform for receiving particular types of Surety bonds. Bond-Pro integrates with NMLS via the internet so that our clients can rapidly send bond information electronically and instantly receive transmission confirmations.
- Previously, NMLS functionality had been limited to the uploading of documents. But recent efforts have been made to transmit bonds directly from Sureties to Obligee systems.
- While the initial scope of NMLS included number of financial services related surety bonds (ie. Mortgage Licensure), adoption is expanding to include other types of surety bonds. View List of NMLS Supported Bonds & Obligees
- Bond-Pro integration requires an NMLS subscription. NMLS Fee Schedule
The best way to determine the validity of a bond is by contacting the issuing Surety directly. However, this can be a time consuming activity for both the inquirer and surety professionals.
- Bond-Pro provides self-service, web portal functionality that enables bonds to be instantaneously verified through the website of the issuing surety Carrier, Broker, or MGA/MGU.
- The portal can also be configured to include relevant information such as Account Status, Bond Status, Bond Effective & Expiration Dates.